Seeking workaround for missing selectors in native Windows application

Dear community members,

I am facing a challenge in accessing a native Windows application. Unfortunately, I have been unable to find suitable selectors to access the desired elements. I have been using the “Get_Element” function and updating the selector tree, but I am not receiving any information.

I am seeking assistance and possible workarounds for this issue. Has anyone experienced similar difficulties or knows alternative approaches to access a Windows application when conventional selectors do not work?

I have already taken various steps to solve the problem, including updating the application and checking the documentation. Unfortunately, my efforts have been unsuccessful so far.

I would greatly appreciate it if you could share your knowledge and experiences with me. If possible, providing specific suggestions or guidance would be helpful. Additionally, I am available to provide further information, screenshots, or code snippets to better illustrate the problem.

Thank you in advance for your support and valuable contributions.

If you click open selector on get element
Can it see the main window?
If yes,how far down theui tree can you find what you are looking for?

Despite updating the tree structure, I am not able to see all the elements, and it takes several minutes for certain values to appear after the update. I am unsure whether this issue is specific to my computer or if it is related to the application itself. To provide more context, I have attached a screenshot illustrating a Click event on a nested table. After the Click, a table below opens, from which I need to extract data.

To clarify, I used a UI inspection tool called “Accessibility Insights for Windows.” With this tool, I can find all the necessary selectors for my use case. In this case, I found a “PeriodsCollection row {number}” selector. When I click on it, a table appears that I would like to extract.

After several attempts, I managed to identify the “PeriodsCollection row 22.” However, this selector doesn’t seem to be functioning as expected. I’m at a loss and don’t know what to do. I have already disabled click simulation, thinking it might be the cause of the issue.

Additionally, I’m curious to know if it’s possible to obtain the selectors using a tool like “Accessibility Insights for Windows” and then transfer them to OpenRPA selectors. It’s evident that the selectors have a strong resemblance.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.