Issue with button selection via Record or Get Element

I am having an issue when recording activities and then playing the automation. I select the button however there are multiple buttons on that pane some with the same number sequence. See below. I did notice that there is no code selection for modifying/selecting the pane. This is causing the software to choose a portion of the screen that doesn’t contain the button. In addition I have replaced the recording activity with a Get Element and set it the same way with the selector. Same issue, there is a problem with the correct pane being selected or modified and the button is set to 1002. Please see code below any assistance would be appreciated.
Example:
Pane 1014
Button 1002

Pane 1000
Button 1002

[
{
“filename”: “C:\WinOMSCS\mdcs.exe”,
“processname”: “mdcs”,
“arguments”: “”,
“Selector”: “Windows”,
“search_descendants”: “True”,
“mouse_over_search”: “False”
},
{
“ClassName”: “FNWND3170”,
“Name”: “CS WinOMS Software: Test Box - NDSADMIN”,
“ControlType”: “Window”,
“FrameworkId”: “Win32”
},
{
“ClassName”: “Button”,
“ControlType”: “Button”,
“AutomationId”: “1002”,
}
]

Have you seen this?

For windows there is also the undocumented indexinparent described a few times on the forum, like here Work with fields with random ID's - #2 by Allan_Zimmermann

Thank you for the reply. I have tried the recommendations in this video. This is not resolving my issue.
What is happening is not with a file but when selecting an option within a software program which opens up a secondary window to insert options or choices. OpenRPA does not recognize this button. I found what “Pane” it is and the number that is being selected. I can’t select the “Pane” that the button is associated with is there a way to hardcode it in the the following example?

[
{
“filename”: “C:\WinOMSCS\mdcs.exe”,
“processname”: “mdcs”,
“arguments”: “”,
“Selector”: “Windows”,
“search_descendants”: “True”,
“mouse_over_search”: “False”
},
{
“ClassName”: “FNWND3170”,
“Name”: “CS WinOMS Software: Test Box - NDSADMIN”,
“ControlType”: “Window”,
},
{
“ClassName”: “Button”,
“ControlType”: “Button”,
“AutomationId”: “1002”,
}
]

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.