Installation of OpenFlow

Hi,

I’m trying to install ’ Normal version’ (GitHub - open-rpa/docker) of RPA on windows 2019 server. Since it is server I’m unable to install Docker properly.

It is showing below error for docker:
docker: Error response from daemon: failed to start service utility VM (createreadwrite): hcsshim::CreateComputeSystem c65f371c9022928da3ffcdd1060b926bf3c0f34973741d59a93faf6c833e1a0b_svm: The virtual machine could not be started because a required feature is not installed.

I want to know, Is there any alternate option other than Docker to install normal version on a server ?

Install openflow using npm :HERE IS THE LINK FOR IT

Thank you for helping.

I installed openflow using the link you provided but on port 80 some other service is running because of that I’m unable to access --localhost.openiap.io.

I tried changing port number in openflow.env but it is not changing.

Q1. Please help me in changing the port number

Q2. How do I install openRPA tool on server.
Shall I download the .exe and change domain from settings.json

1. Update the envoriment file then run openflow-cli —install again.
  2. there is no .exe but you can download an .msi installer from github. And you define the openflow url in documents/openrpa/settings.json under wsurl

Thank you @Allan_Zimmermann

I changed the port number in env file but while executing the command I got below error.
Note: While installing pm2-service-install, I entered yes for Set PM2_HOME: and gave path

PS E:\OpenRPA> openflow-cli --init
init
Skipping openflow.env already exists.
Error: connect ENOENT //./pipe/docker_engine
at PipeConnectWrap.afterConnect [as oncomplete] (node:net:1300:16) {
errno: -4058,
code: ‘ENOENT’,
syscall: ‘connect’,
address: ‘//./pipe/docker_engine’
}

PS E:\OpenRPA> openflow-cli -install openflow
unknown, print usage
openflow-cli [–init][–install][–uninstall][–start][–stop] name
–init - Create a sample environment file for running openflow
–install - Install openflow as an service that runs at boot
–uninstall - Uninstalls service, if openflow has been installed as an service
–start - Will start the service with the given name
–stop - Will stop the service with the given name
name - Service and instance name
Will look for an envoriment file called name.env and copy that to the
source directory
}

you need to follow the guide at deploy openflow using NPM | openflow

Hi @Allan_Zimmermann

I followed the guide but unable to overcome this error. Please help!!

C:\openflow>openflow-cli --init
init
Creating openflow.env
}

you can ignore the error about docker not being installed.
after install, you can check if it worked using

pm2 list

When I access http://localhost.openiap.io/ —It says ‘This site can’t be reached’

Result of
C:\openflow>openflow-cli --install openflow
install
NodeJS version v18.12.1 Config C:\openflow\openflow.env
}

I did – C:\openflow>netstat -nba | FINDSTR “LISTEN” | FINDSTR “80”
command but couldn’t find anything running on port 80.

Am I missing something ?

You can check the logs using

pm2 logs

or monitor it, using

pm2 monit

and in a separate console, do

pm2 restart 0

and look for any errors.

I tried to install from beginning following the steps provided in https://openflow.openiap.io/npmopenflow but I got below errors:

1. Mongo DB

Hashes match.
Installing mongodb.install…
WARNING: Generic MSI Error. This is a local environment error, not an issue with a package or the MSI itself - it could mean a pending reboot is necessary prior to install or something else (like the same version is already installed). Please see MSI log if available. If not, try again adding ‘–install-arguments="’/lv c:\mongodb.install_msi_install.log’“'. Then search the MSI Log for “Return Value 3” and look above that for the error.
ERROR: Running [“C:\Windows\System32\msiexec.exe” /i “C:\Users\svc_bb_apppool\AppData\Local\Temp\chocolatey\mongodb.install\6.1.0\mongodb-windows-x86_64-6.1.0-signed.msi” ADDLOCAL=“ServerService,Server,ProductFeature,Client,Router,MiscellaneousTools” /qn /norestart MONGO_DATA_PATH=“C:\ProgramData\MongoDB\data\db” MONGO_LOG_PATH=“C:\ProgramData\MongoDB\log” ] was not successful. Exit code was ‘1603’. Exit code indicates the following: Generic MSI Error. This is a local environment error, not an issue with a package or the MSI itself - it could mean a pending reboot is necessary prior to install or something else (like the same version is already installed). Please see MSI log if available. If not, try again adding '–install-arguments=”'/l
v c:\mongodb.install_msi_install.log’"'. Then search the MSI Log for “Return Value 3” and look above that for the error…
The install of mongodb.install was NOT successful.
Error while running ‘C:\ProgramData\chocolatey\lib\mongodb.install\tools\chocolateyInstall.ps1’.
See log for details.

mongodb v6.1.0 [Approved]
mongodb package files install completed. Performing other installation steps.

1. pm2-service-install

C:\openflow>pm2-service-install
(node:5388) Warning: Accessing non-existent property ‘cat’ of module exports inside circular dependency
(Use node --trace-warnings ... to show where the warning was created)
(node:5388) Warning: Accessing non-existent property ‘cd’ of module exports inside circular dependency
(node:5388) Warning: Accessing non-existent property ‘chmod’ of module exports inside circular dependency
(node:5388) Warning: Accessing non-existent property ‘cp’ of module exports inside circular dependency
(node:5388) Warning: Accessing non-existent property ‘dirs’ of module exports inside circular dependency
(node:5388) Warning: Accessing non-existent property ‘pushd’ of module exports inside circular dependency
(node:5388) Warning: Accessing non-existent property ‘popd’ of module exports inside circular dependency
(node:5388) Warning: Accessing non-existent property ‘echo’ of module exports inside circular dependency
(node:5388) Warning: Accessing non-existent property ‘tempdir’ of module exports inside circular dependency
(node:5388) Warning: Accessing non-existent property ‘pwd’ of module exports inside circular dependency
(node:5388) Warning: Accessing non-existent property ‘exec’ of module exports inside circular dependency
(node:5388) Warning: Accessing non-existent property ‘ls’ of module exports inside circular dependency
(node:5388) Warning: Accessing non-existent property ‘find’ of module exports inside circular dependency
(node:5388) Warning: Accessing non-existent property ‘grep’ of module exports inside circular dependency
(node:5388) Warning: Accessing non-existent property ‘head’ of module exports inside circular dependency
(node:5388) Warning: Accessing non-existent property ‘ln’ of module exports inside circular dependency
(node:5388) Warning: Accessing non-existent property ‘mkdir’ of module exports inside circular dependency
(node:5388) Warning: Accessing non-existent property ‘rm’ of module exports inside circular dependency
(node:5388) Warning: Accessing non-existent property ‘mv’ of module exports inside circular dependency
(node:5388) Warning: Accessing non-existent property ‘sed’ of module exports inside circular dependency
(node:5388) Warning: Accessing non-existent property ‘set’ of module exports inside circular dependency
(node:5388) Warning: Accessing non-existent property ‘sort’ of module exports inside circular dependency
(node:5388) Warning: Accessing non-existent property ‘tail’ of module exports inside circular dependency
(node:5388) Warning: Accessing non-existent property ‘test’ of module exports inside circular dependency
(node:5388) Warning: Accessing non-existent property ‘to’ of module exports inside circular dependency
(node:5388) Warning: Accessing non-existent property ‘toEnd’ of module exports inside circular dependency
(node:5388) Warning: Accessing non-existent property ‘touch’ of module exports inside circular dependency
(node:5388) Warning: Accessing non-existent property ‘uniq’ of module exports inside circular dependency
(node:5388) Warning: Accessing non-existent property ‘which’ of module exports inside circular dependency
? Perform environment setup (recommended)? Yes
? Set PM2_HOME? Yes
? PM2_HOME value (this path should be accessible to the service user and
should not contain any “user-context” variables [e.g. %APPDATA%]): c:\openflow
? Set PM2_SERVICE_SCRIPTS (the list of start-up scripts for pm2)? No
? Set PM2_SERVICE_PM2_DIR (the location of the global pm2 to use with the service)? [recommended] Yes
? Specify the directory containing the pm2 version to be used by the
service C:\USERS\SVC_BB_APPPOOL\APPDATA\ROAMING\NPM\node_modules\pm2\index.js
PM2 service installed and started.

1. Logs

@Allan_Zimmermann Please help me fix installation issue. I again started all installation from beginning but still unable to start openflow

Experiencing also this exact problem.
Please help

EDIT:

I can now access the openflow.

I edited the openflow.env file and changed the mongodb_url.
old: mongodb://localhost:27017
new: mongodb://0.0.0.0:27017

2 Likes

Thank you @at.austria. It worked. You’re a life savior!!

Hi @at.austria I did not know you could connect to 0.0.0.0 that is normally an broadcast address that symbols “all ip addresses” but I’m glad you found a solution that also works for @rehan.quresh :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.