Help with First Robot for Betting

Hello,

I am new to RPA and am trying to sort through the few guides and informations that are available.

I want to set up a Roulette Robot that gambles in a certain pattern. Pattern: Red Red Black Red Black Black and repeats. Using a martingale betting system.

I already have it set up that it can read my account balance and place bets on red and black and press the bet button.

However I still need to add in the decision making. So the robot knows whether I’ve lost a bet (by reading account balance). And I also need to add in the martingale system which can start on any of the bets in the Red Red Black Red Black Black betting pattern.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

To add the decision making and martingale betting system, you can use flow control elements and variables in your RPA workflow.

One option is to update the workflow to take an argument that decides what to bet on (e.g. an integer or string). You can then create a separate workflow with an argument that returns a number (e.g. integer or double) representing your account balance.

With these two workflows in place, you can then use a flow control element, inside an “State Machine” or a “Flowchart”, to call the two other workflows using the “Invoke OpenRPA” action and implement the decision making using “If” statements or “Invoke Code” for more complex algorithms.

To implement the martingale betting system, you can use variables to track the current bet amount and a flow control element to determine whether to increase or decrease the bet based on the outcome of the previous bet. To implement the betting pattern (Red Red Black Red Black Black), you can add the series to a Collection or List and use a variable as index, to keep track of the current position in the pattern and determine which bet to place next.

I hope this helps to get you started.

THank you for your reply. It helps me somewhat.

I plan to watch all your videos on your youtube and hope I can get the know-how.

Ill come back to you if I have further questions.

Thank you

PS: If I follow a UiPath Course. Will it be applicable to OpenRPA?

UiPath has a visually appealing user interface and some minor features that are not available in OpenRPA, such as the ability to override defaults per project and create collections of selectors. Both OpenRPA and UiPath support a wide range of RPA technologies, including Windows, Java, Internet Explorer, SAP, mainframe, and Chrome/Firefox/Edge. However, OpenRPA has a few key differences that set it apart from UiPath.

One of these differences is that OpenRPA allows users to load and work with multiple projects at the same time, making navigation and execution faster. On the other hand, UiPath runs workflows in a separate process, which can help to mitigate memory leaks in third-party DLLs and allow for easier recovery if something goes wrong in the execution of a workflow.

Another difference is that UiPath supports selectors that span technologies, while OpenRPA does not. Additionally, UiPath has its own “JavaBridge” for Java automation, while OpenRPA uses Java’s built-in JavaBridge. UiPath also supports a wider range of mainframe protocols than OpenRPA.

When it comes to integration with other systems, OpenRPA offers more options through the use of NodeRed and OpenFlow, which currently support over 4000 it systems and protocols. On the other hand, UiPath relies on either UiPath or the community to create activities for API access to systems like Jira, ServiceNow, and Salesforce, currently less than 100 systems are supported.

Finally, OpenRPA is designed with security and scalability in mind, featuring access control lists, multiple layers of encryption, support for offline deployments, and mesh topologies. It also encourages users to take advantage of microservice architectures to achieve scalability.

1 Like