HD Robot remote desktop licensing requirement


We have added an HD Robot to our Windows Server.
After the setup we received a prompt for a licensing.
Do we have a guide on what kind of licenses we should look at?
Any ballpark price for a 1 or 3 HD Robots setup?
I would be grateful for any advice you may have on this issue.

Thank you for your time.

Best Regards,

I have not worked with RD licenses since I worked for a hosting company, and back then i only worked with SPLA licenses ( where other companies could rent the licenses monthly by us ) so I really have no idea what the price is at retail. But if i do a google search on “remote desktop license cost” i get a multitide of links and price offers, so i would suggest you tried that or contact your IT department if you are in a bigger company.

1 Like

The Windows Server OS requires licenses. From the image above, it seems like you don’t have Windows server licenses. You must provide the OS license; otherwise, you will be unable to use the server via remote desktop after 119 days.
Please connect to your desktop support team for server provider for this.

1 Like

Hello @yashshah,

Thank you for your response. We have a licensed Windows Server and the accompanying Windows Server Client Access Licenses (CALs). In order for us to continue using remote desktop services, we must purchase a separate Remote Desktop CAL.

Hello @Allan_Zimmermann,

I have located a resource that may assist me in acquiring the necessary licensing. I have provided the link below for your reference.


I hope you find it useful.