Custom Activity - Not showing the tooltip and activity name in designer

Hi,
I have developed a custom activity. It is working well. But it is now showing the tooltip in the toolbox and also in design window it shows only the class name not a display name. I have tried the both 2 codes.

From open source code.

Scenario - 1 :

[Designer(typeof(MyActivityDesigner), typeof(System.ComponentModel.Design.IDesigner))]
[System.Drawing.ToolboxBitmap(typeof(MyActivity), “Resources.toolbox.executequery.png”)]
[LocalizedToolboxTooltip(“activity_executequery_tooltip”, typeof(Resources.strings))]
[LocalizedDisplayName(“activity_executequery”, typeof(Resources.strings))]
[LocalizedHelpURL(“activity_executequery_helpurl”, typeof(Resources.strings))]
public class MyActivity : CodeActivity

Scenario - 2 :

[ToolboxBitmap(typeof(AppendTable), "Resources.toolbox.ToolBox.png")]
[Description("Appends a specified datatable at the first empty row in a specified sheet")]
[DisplayName("Append Table")]
[Designer(typeof(ExcelSheet))]
public class AppendTable : CodeActivity

Could you tell me that how to show the tooltip and activity name in the designer window ?

Thank you
Balamurugan.S

1 Like

I´m also having the same issue, if there is a solution it would be great @Allan_Zimmermann

1 Like

Do you have a resource file with the same string values for the ui language? ( look at mine to see how i did )

1 Like

HI @Allan_Zimmermann ,

Thank you for the fast reply.

The scenario-1, yes . I have the resource file. I took everything from your open source.

Scenario - 2 doesn’t have the resource file. If you need , I can send you a sample via message.

Thank you
Balamurugan.S

you need to add a public resource file called strings
And in that add the string you want to show, for instance
that then maps to the same value in the activity

1 Like

Hi @Allan_Zimmermann ,

Yes . I have changed the access modifier to “Public”. In this case, It shows only the component name in the design window. But it is not showing the tooltip in the toolbox for the component. Here I have attached the sample project and package in the folder link for you.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1a7ZDNs8R5QPPCCrin88D3heiQBC8usxL?usp=sharing

Thank you
Balamurugan.S

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.