Assign OpenFlow

Hello,

I am starting a workflow instance with the Invoke OpenFlow activity on user X’s nodered agent. Later, I want to use the Assign OpenFlow activity to give user Y permission on that instance. The problem is that a new workflow_instance is being created with an empty payload, and the permissions on the original instance are not changing. How can I fix this? If it is possible to do it directly through nodered, how would that work?

Thank you.

Assign might be a misleading word. It means assign a NEW workflow.
But its easy to update. On an existing workflow instance, just update targetid to match the _id of the user or role, and make sure the user/role has at least update permission on the object

Ok,
There is a way to use the Assign OpenFlow activity to start a new workflow sending the payload?

I changed the targetid to another user’s ID, but it didn’t work. I also changed the replyto ID for testing, and that didn’t resolve the issue either.

1. msg.payload will become the payload for the new instance
  2. why ? did you remember to add user Y to the workflow_instance object’s Access Control List ? …

Regarding the payload, I mean that there is no ‘Map Variables’ in the Assign OpenFlow activity.

I need to reassign the workflow instance automatically, so I am using Update One to change the targetid. However, it seems that it’s not possible to modify the _acl in this way.

Hi,

Do you have any tips?

you can use the grant permission activity to update the _acl before updating.

Oh, i didn’t know it exists. Thank you very much.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.