I’m trying to use “Regex” in openrpa and I’m getting a “compiler” error.
I added “System.Text.RegularExpressions” to the “Imports” section of my workflow but the error keeps showing.
Can someone help me with what I’m doing wrong?
Possible to share the workflow?
To get the correct output, check the below methot:
Regex.Match(technician, "\d+").Value.ToString - remove the “@” and add ´.Value.ToString` in the end.
The @ is also in the ms documentation, not sure what that represents, but seems to work just fine without.
Match() return a Match object, not the value, and value is untyped, so you need to use Match().Value as @kowts writes. And since it’s untyped, you need to cast it to the right type. If the technician variable is a string, then you can simply use Match().Value.ToString as in @kowts’s wrote.
Lastly it’s worth mentioning, there is a Match and Matches activity to do regular expression more conveniently in a workflow.
That’s interesting! @Allan_Zimmermann I haven’t used the Match and Matches activity before. Thanks, I’ll definitely look into using them.
@UnyBots I recommend you to try to use @Allan activities suggestion (better and cleaner way).
@kowts thanks for your help! Works perfectly.
And @Allan_Zimmermann thanks for your explanation and indication about Match and Matches activity.
I have tested it and it works.
This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.